From 16th to 22nd May 2022, we get the opportunity to work with more and more employers that have uncovered the secret of learning and the power that it brings to their organisation as it grows.
In a 2019 LinkedIn Workplace Report, 94% employees said that they would stay at a company longer if it invested in their learning and development.
‘Learning Uncovered’ Theme – 2022
This year we will see UK employers exploring the latest theme of ‘Learning Uncovered’ and focuses on the deepening of our understanding, knowledge, and engagement in lifelong and continual learning by exploring:
- Why it is important to be lifelong learners and support lifelong learning
- How we can initiate and support lifelong learning as individuals and in our work communities
- The opportunities and benefits that lifelong learning offers for work and life
The awareness week was first started by the Campaign for Learning to champion lifelong learning, whilst also collaborating with partners on new initiatives.
“We now accept the fact that learning is a lifelong process of keeping abreast of change. And the most pressing task is to teach people how to learn.” – Peter Drucker
How can you get involved?
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s become even clearer that employees want the opportunity to further develop their own skills and knowledge. Whilst many will resort to simply improving their knowledge on day-to-day tasks that they complete in their current role, it’s the job of the employer to pull them outside of this bubble and look at other areas including:
- Career Development – What does the future look like? Where do you want to progress within the organisation and how do you get there?
- Individual Interests – What things do you enjoy doing outside of work? Is there a connection and can you bring this development to the table in your next one-on-one conversation with your manager?
- Strengthen Skills – What do you currently enjoy and want to further expand on?
A big focus for employers in 2022 and beyond will be looking at ways that their teams connect closer with the world and how they see it changing. Whilst a lot of time has been focused on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), we are now seeing a movement towards Environment, Social & Government (ESG) and having employees within your organisation that can steer towards this future could prove vital.
According to the 2020 Learning and Skills at Work Report by the CIPD, more productive firms are more likely to train and invest to tackle skills gaps: 75% of organisations who report that they have above-average productivity adopt a ‘build’ strategy compared with just 42% of those who report below-average productivity.
Every year, we put together a series of bitesize sessions that help employees grow and this year we have more than ever!
Programme List *** Subject to availability
- Uncovering your goals and how to achieve them
- Powerful interviewing and getting the best out of candidates in interviews
- Uncovering self-confidence and dealing with imposter syndrome
- Learning to lead without the title and uncovering your natural leadership
- Ethics uncovered; why honest people choose to cheat
- … Plus 12 more!
Typically, they range from 45 to 90 minutes and delivered via Zoom or MS Teams.
Each session is delivered by one of our expert facilitators and can often form part of an overall programme, which is designed entirely for your team.
If you’d like to request a full programme list then please get in touch.
Last Updated on 5 months by Hannah Ingram