With a strong reputation within their markets, Simpson Jones attracted 2 prominent industry leaders in Paul Wareham and Paul Chapman who joined to bring capital investment, their networks and expertise, not to mention an incredibly exciting growth strategy.
Talk Staff have partnered with Simpson Jones for a number of key hires since 2020.
As part of their ambitious growth strategy, Paul was looking to recruit a ‘Head of Wills and Probate’ into the law firm.
Multiple methods had been attempted, including engaging a number of Legal Specialist, Contingency based Recruiters without success.
It was crucial that the successful candidate had the potential to grow the department with the right skillsets to potentially progress to partner one day.
He turned to Talk Staff after hearing about our expertise in sourcing exceptional legal candidates.
Following a conversation with our Recruitment Services Team the following was identified:
- A retained partnership approach would provide the time and expertise needed to provide the best opportunity for this role to be appointed successfully.
- This allowed Simpson Jones access to a unique personal network, through Talk Staff, built over 18 years during a professional recruitment career and significant expertise of headhunting targets both in and outside of the legal industry.
- The hire and retention of the Head of Wills and Probate position would be instrumental in allowing the firm to continue their ambitious growth plans and successfully reach new clients within Derbyshire, Leicestershire and beyond.
In partnership with Paul and Paul, we led a full briefing meeting, to fully understand the role and function, trajectory of the function and the firm.
Candidates that had already been explored were identified and a shortlist of desired targets created.
Utilising our recruitment teams’ extensive knowledge of the Legal Market, a detailed job specification was created and agreed upon, salary benchmarking undertaken and new job adverts were created in line with the new requirements.
As is common practice within Talk Staff, job adverts were rewritten to appeal better to the target audience.
We advertised the position externally as well as sourcing through our networks and expertise.
The extensive network that Talk Staff has created over the years was pivotal to the success of this assignment, with recommendations and referrals from past and existing contacts used to access off-market talent and create conversations which would not be possible through a contingency based solution.
- Simpson Jones formally appointed Talk Staff as the retained talent acquisition specialists for the senior role with exclusivity.
- The Head of Wills and Probates role was successfully filled with a Time to Hire of 24 Days.
Retained recruitment solutions is an innovative way to achieve significant results in recruiting top talent with proactive ways to seek out rare skill sets and attract top talent. Recruitment services is one of the many ways Talk Staff support ambitious organisations.
As a people consultancy Talk Staff also support companies with payroll and HR challenges along with a full range of organisational development consultancy solutions, developing leaders and teams.
“Our recruitment relationship with Talk Staff has evolved into more of a partnership in the relatively short space of time we have been utilising their services.
We found that Talk Staff were really trying to understand our needs by tuning into our longer-term strategy, our plan to modernise working practices and improve our working culture and environment.
This led to engaging Talk Staff on a retained contract basis to secure a new Head of Wills & Probate which, in a market where these vacancies are incredibly difficult to fill, we were very pleased with the result and the calibre of the successful candidate. It is an approach we will consider again for any senior roles.”