- August 15, 2019
- Posted by: Jack Hardy
- Category: News & Annoucements
Gary Parsons joins the People & Skills Advisory Board for D2N2
We are excited to announce that our Managing Director Gary Parsons has been appointed as a member of the People & Skills board for D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership.
Gary was recently appointed to the D2N2 Growth Hub Project Board on the 1st of March and has moved across to the new Advisory Boards for the D2N2 LEP following the success of the group.
Gary has said “I’m excited to make a huge difference locally, not only to speak on behalf of the employers that Talk Staff are supporting with their growth but their people too.”
“Productivity continues to be important factor in measuring the success of our economy, and with the right people and skills in place we can look forward to a bright future for everyone.”
People & Skills Board
The People & Skills board develops, implements, and oversees the delivery of the People and Skills element of the Strategic Economic Plan and acts as the Skills Advisory Panel for D2N2.
The Board will also lead the development of the People element of the Local Industrial Strategy for D2N2.
- Oversees delivery of the D2N2 Strategic Objectives for People and Skills;
- Undertakes the ‘effective functioning of local labour markets’ – Skills Advisory Panel
- Ensures coherence across the D2N2 skills, employability, and inclusion landscape including:
- Focus and prioritisation
- Avoiding duplication of local activity or plans
- Measuring Impact
- Shapes and influences the connection between strategy, delivery, and beneficiaries;
- Enables collaboration;
- Ensures quality: value for money and a clear benefit to inclusion and productivity.